At Aon Edge, the safety of our insureds is our top priority. We hope your clients never experience a loss as a result of a flood event. However, if they do, Aon Edge is here to help.
Initial steps to follow should your client have damage as a result of a flood:
- The policyholder should promptly contact our claims service center directly.
- Contact information will vary, based on the product, as shown on this page.
- Alternatively, as an agent, you may submit the claim on behalf of your policyholder.
What information is needed to report a claim?
- Declaration page of the flood policy.
- The date water entered the property and approximate water level.
- Name of mortgage lender, if any.
- Current personal contact information for the policyholder. If a home phone is unavailable, a mobile phone number or agent/friend/family member’s phone number will suffice.
Important actions to take when confronted with a loss from flood damage:
- Protect the property from further damage or loss by following these steps:
- Board up broken or damaged doors and windows using plywood or other suitable material.
- Cover any roof openings with tarps, if it can be done safely.
- Safely move, cover and protect personal property to prevent further damage.
- In case of theft or vandalism, immediately notify local authorities.
- Document damages:
- Take a room by room inventory of damages to dwelling and all personal property.
- Take photographs of all damaged areas and items.
- If the carpet and pad have been saturated, you may need to cut and remove it. Save a small section (2 feet by 2 feet) to show the adjuster.
- Follow the same procedure for saturated drywall.
- Maintain an accurate record of repair costs:
- Retain copies of paid invoices.
- Keep receipts of expenditures made to repair and protect personal property.